September 19, 2019
*session times subject to change
Thank you to the 2019 Urban Forum speakers!
Urban Forum Schedule
|8:45 a.m.-9 a.m.||Welcome||Michael A. Pagano, Dean, College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs, UIC|
|9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.||Opening Keynote||Finch Fulton
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Transportation Policy,
United States Department of Transportation
|9:30 a.m.-10:45 a.m.||Panel #1|
Why Would You Buy an Autonomous Vehicle?
|Once autonomous vehicles are mass marketed, the unknown is not just whether anyone will buy it, but what demographic group is likely to stay away or jump in.|
Is the technology advanced and is the perception that it’s safe enough to attract buyers?
What keeps the private sector happy and skittish about AVs?
How will alternative, non-carbon transportation modes, such as walking and bicycles, adapt?
|• Beth Bond, Head of City Development, Bosch
• Joe Buckner, Director of Product Engineering, AutonomouStuff
• Don DeLoach, Co-Founder and CEO, Rocket Wagon Venture Studios
• Jimmy Lanigan, Director of Economic Development, Mi-Jack Products/Lanco International
• Dan Zakula, Vice President of Technology Business Development , Mi-Jack Products, Inc
• Jerry Quandt, Executive Director, Illinois Autonomous Vehicles Association, MODERATOR
|10:45 a.m.-11:00 a.m.||Break|
|11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.||Keynote #2||Erin Aleman, Executive Director, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning|
|11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.||Panel #2|
You Think Congestion is Bad Now? Just Wait!
|A concern about the introduction of AVs is that it will displace transit riders, thereby creating even worse congestion. |
How are transit systems and transportation planners preparing for the growth in autonomous vehicle use?
What impact will rapid growth in AV usage have on transit system investments, highway and road use, and the carbon footprint of the transportation sector?
|• Jóse Alvarez, Executive Director, The Illinois Tollway
• John Baczek, Engineer of Program Development, Region One/Executive Office, Illinois Department of Transportation
• Dorval R. Carter, Jr., President, Chicago Transit Authority
• Leanne Redden, Executive Director, Regional Transportation Authority
• John Yonan, Superintendent, Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways
• Mary Wisniewski, Transportation Reporter, Chicago Tribune, MODERATOR
|12:45 p.m.-1 p.m.||Closing|
|1 p.m.||Adjourn for lunch and networking|